- A house – easily the biggest flex of them all.
- A car – if you don’t live in a major city.
- Nice clothing or jewelry – dresses/suits, jackets, shirts, watches, necklaces, earrings. You spend most of the day in your clothes, so make them nice!
- Food – everyone has to eat, why not eat well?
- Toys – this could be winter sports equipment, video games, a nice phone, guitars, books, planes, or more depending on your personality.
Generally people are trying to use these material things listed above to fill a deeper need. They could be seeking social attention/status, connection, security, variety, or something else. Learn more about what people really want deep down here.
Check out the shocking movie/book Fight Club if you think material things are what you should always focus on for happiness.